The brand new version of Liferay Portal Server Community Edition (GA3 CE)
After several months of testing, corrections and improvements to the brand new version of the highly popular Portal Server is a fact. The long-awaited, open source, service integration platform (Integration Framework) and content management (CMS - WCM) impresses with new / improved technical and functional characteristics such as:
- Upgraded Java architecture,
- microservice mechanisms,
- increased efficiency and safety,
- creation and management functionality with advanced data forms work flow, data validation, dynamic user interface & security,
- improved blog, forum and wiki. When you need to host your own blog, Liferay 7 (LR7) provides a very easy to use and sophisticated system, equivalent of popular Wordpress and Medium,
- more than 500 new functions and features,
- improved usability through the revamped management interface,
- integrating Elastic Search as an alternative search engine using SOLR,
- easy and reliable upgrade to the latest versions of the portal server with the new stand-alone upgrade tool.
The Liferay 7.0 CE has been extensively tested for use with the following Open Source Application and Database Servers:
- Apache Tomcat 8.0 σε Java 8
- Wildfly 10.0 σε Java 8
- HSQLDB 2 (only for demonstration, development, and testing)
- MySQL 5.6
- MariaDB 10
- PostgreSQL 9.3
To use LR7 with Oracle or IBM servers, LR7 EU (Enterprise Edition) should be purchased which provides additional security services, clustering, load balancing and DX services (Digital Experience).
Improved Management Experience
Today, web sites are more complex and impressive than ever. Liferay 7 includes a number of enhancements to provide more features in the management and create modern sites faster and easier. Through a single console LR7 you can create and manage multiple web sites that use shared content with time-scheduling services for posts, and multiple versions keeping and actions history.
More info εδώ